The following items are what we recommend you pack for your spring bear hunt with us.
Necessities• Hunting license
• Airline tickets
• Rifle and case (recommended large calibre rifle, such as a .300 Win Mag or bigger)
• Scope covers (flip up or nylon)
• Shells — 2 boxes
• Shooting sticks or bi-pod attached to rifle
• 10x42 binoculars
• Range finder with long distance ability
• Personal hygiene items
• Medicine (please inform guide/outfitter of any medical conditions or needs)
• Clothing for the lodge (e.g. slippers, lounging clothes)
• Game bags for meat
*The more comfortable you are at shooting long range, the more successful you will be on your hunt.
*Archery equipment may be used for this hunt as well.
Clothing• Underwear and socks for each day (wool or synthetic blend, moisture wicking)
• Lightweight long johns or Under Armour bottoms
• Lightweight long johns or Under Armour tops (heat gear)
• Six-pocket, army-style camouflage pants
• Camouflage clothing for all types of weather (T-shirts, long-sleeves)
• Lightweight camouflage jacket
• Quiet rain gear camouflage (tops and bottoms)
• Well broken in hiking boots (mid high ankle support)
• Fleece or wool gloves and hat (in case of cold weather)
• Camouflage baseball cap
• Waterproof leg gators
• Warmer jacket (in case of cold weather)
*All clothing should be quiet.